Home  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

zosoontour.net Forum Index » Zoso Shows & Reviews » Morehead City, NC 7/3/2011
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Morehead City, NC 7/3/2011
ZoSologist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Morehead City, NC 7/3/2011 Reply with quote

Another great show, and my fourth time seeing ZoSo.

The venue was the Morehead City Center for the Performing Arts, a converted movie theater, with a friendly staff that was as enthusiastic about seeing ZoSo as the audience was.

The manager came out prior to the performance and welcomed the crowd, reminding them that this was a seated venue only. Sitting in the front row, I turned to my friend and muttered, "That's a rule that will probably get broken before the night's out." Sure enough, during the encore medley, a middle-aged gentleman who had been profusely singing ZoSo's praises in the lobby during intermission could no longer stay seated. He jumped on his feet, came down in front of the stage and began a kind of head-banging dance.

That did it. Suddenly, it was like "atler call" at a Pentecostal Church. Everyone was on their feet, including myself, and moving toward the stage. Young people, middle-aged people, all were jumping up and down and head-banging to the best of Led Zeppelin, as if they'd been starving for good music for way too long.

At one point John came to the edge of the stage and began playing his Les Paul within inches of the fans' noses. He even allowed one fan to reach up and give the guitar a few strums. That must have been the highlight of that kid's entire year.

After the music stopped the cheering continued. I noticed Greg walking toward the edge of the stage with drumsticks in hand. And then he handed ME one of the drumsticks! It was splintered. Later, as he was autographing it, he explained it had broken on the very last song. On the way out someone even jokingly offered to buy it from me. Of course I politely declined. Wow! What a souvenir from a great show!

Thanks again, Matt, Greg, Adam and John!! See ya next time.
Zoso Webmaster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum - love the name, haha.

Glad you enjoyed your fourth show. Was it the first at that venue?

I guess it only takes one enthusiastic fan to have an overthrow of the house rules. Sounds like it made the show even more memorable.

Thanks for posting your experience.
Mrs. Plant
ZoSo Wife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

I want to thank you Webmaster for replying and staying in touch with our ZOSO fans.
ZoSologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoso Webmaster wrote:
Glad you enjoyed your fourth show. Was it the first at that venue?

Yeah, first time at that theater in .... 29 years! I don't live in the area, just vaction there every so often.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: